Newcomer Adeyemi talks about BVB, Haaland and Salzburg

Three times in a row of Austrian champions and three times in a row: Karim Adeyemis Time at RB Salzburg is littered with success - also of very personal ones. The talent, which was won by the SpVgg Unterhaching in 2018, developed into a seasoned professional with a train to the goal-over 30 league and over 20 templates in almost 100 games in the Austrian Oberhaus, as well as four Champions League hits. This not only gave the 20-year-old Munich-born in the German national team, but also a long-term contract with Borussia Dortmund (until 2027).

At his farewell press conference in Salzburg this Wednesday afternoon, the new hopeful of the black and yellow spoke in detail about his time at RB, his decision per BVB and other things.

ADEYEMI about...

... The last intensive hours by trip to Dortmund, the signature under his contract with BVB and the quick return trip to Salzburg and a farewell press conference two games before the end of the season: "I would have thought that I would be a little nervous in the contract signature. But it was ok. I think the nervousness only comes when you meet the team. "

... the farewell from Salzburg: "It will be difficult and emotional because it has been so successful and harmonious here in recent years. Farewells are not mine."

... the re -achieved double with RB Salzburg: "That was the goal - and we did that. I am very happy."

... the special moments in Salzburg: "I can't pick out any special things, there were so many. Salzburg is simply a beautiful city, there were so many players and people who always helped you. There are no people here who wish you something bad. I can not highlight a special one, I can just say 'thank you' again. "

I am a different type of player. You can't compare that.

Karim Adeyemi about the footsteps of Erling Haaland

... the importance of this decision to go the next career step in the German Bundesliga: "It is difficult to grasp the right words. I had very nice years here in Salzburg and I am very grateful to everyone, that have accompanied me here all years. I'm still happy to take this next step. I think it's also a good step for myself and my future. "

... the decision pro dortmund: "I've been dealing with the club for a long time - and I just think that this is the next and right step in my career for me. I just have with my family The conversations always felt comfortable. And so it was a simple decision. "

... the atmosphere in Dortmund: "Of course I'm really looking forward to the fans - and also the team. It's just great. As you just know Dortmund, the club just has a great stadium and great fans. I'm just looking forward to the time there. "

... the first request from Dortmund and the further procedure until the contract signature: "There has been contact for a long time, I don't know exactly. I was definitely honored to have received an offer from such a team. I have often persecuted Dortmund in the Bundesliga. Over time, it turned out that more and more contact came about - up to the contract now. "

... his attitude regarding contract talks in general: "I always have to have a good feeling about the whole thing with something like that. It just has to harmonize with the club, also with the city and the environment. For me personally - and it was also the case with Dortmund. "

... Marco Rose: "I talked to the coach, I think that is also very important to find out what he has for an idea. The conversations with him were good, I also get on very well With him. We just had an open conversation, that was a few months ago. The coach said that he would like to have me in Dortmund. That's why I can go there with a good feeling. But I don't say anything yet. "

... The big footsteps in Dortmund after the departure of Erling Haaland, who, like in Salzburg, moved away from Adeyemis arrival: "It is similar to here in Salzburg, where I came to the team. It was here Coincidentally again Erling Haaland, to whom I followed. But I am a different type of player as a recording. You can't compare that. I would generally not say that I feel pressure. I just want to help the team and look forward to it Task in Dortmund. "

Signed his BVB contract on Tuesday with a term until June 30, 2027: Karim Adeyemi. Imago/RHR photo

... his playful goals in the next few years: "There are many things that I can still improve. But I can't list it all now... These are still many. What is most important is, that I want to improve. It is important to always reflect. "

... his already achieved goals: "It is not the way I want it. It is still better, I am just never satisfied. That's why it is difficult to say something here now. The bigger goal is now to become a top scorer and, above all, to get the number 2 before (currently the leaders of the goal scorer list with 19; anm. D. Red.). "

I don't know anything about concrete conversations now.

Karim Adeyemi about an interest from FC Bayern

... FC Bayern and a possible interest from the German record champion: "I don't know anything about concrete conversations now. I say so: I have put myself together with Dortmund in recent years or follow the club more. Has always harmonized well here. "

... his role models: "I can't say that, I have no role model in football. I personally see my father and my parents as a role model."

... the German championship: "What the club has for goals, you have to ask the club. My goal is now to get along in the team and become a regular player there."

"Audience favorite in Dortmund"

During the press conference this Wednesday, RB sports director Christoph Freund (44) also commented on his protégé in 2018 from Unterhaching and initially borrowed to FC Liefering - and gave an insight into his time again: "This time has passed extremely quickly. I can still remember how Karim was with his parents for the first time four and a half years ago. Then everything went very, very quickly. Within hours, the decision was made that he switched to Salzburg. He was back then Even a young, funny guy and a little nervous, the first time from Munich to go away from Munich. It was a big decision, but also a real 1. How it has developed since then is exceptional. He caused a sensation and incredible games Also delivered in the Champions League. It has also grown humanly and extremely popular. "

And: "It is not surprising what he has gone away and is still going. He is a great person. How he plays football is just spectacular. We are looking forward to what we hear from him in the future I will also think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unreal Engine 5: Summer game highlights in the display

Marvel's Midnight Suns: Venom and also Wickedness Hulk are the celebrities of the Summer Game Fest trailer

Take the MSI's new gaming note "SWORD 15" to the weapon and overcome the PC game Sengoku period!